1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampyr - Episode I: Making Monsters

Discussion in 'RPG's' started by TalllPaul, Jan 18, 2018.

1. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

In Episode I: Making Monsters, DONTNOD gives more information about Jonathan Reid, the doctor-turned-vampire that players will step into the shoes of in Vampyr. Freshly turned, Reid’s ‘condition’ unveils a dark new reality, thrusting him into a once-hidden society of wretched creatures like himself. Ancient Ekons plot from the shadows, terrifying Vulkods prowl the streets at night, and cursed Skals hide in the darkest places of the city.

Vampyr is set in 1918 London, with the city weakened by the recent World War I and ravaged by the Spanish Flu. This setting makes up an important part of Vampyr’s identity. DONTNOD will make players feel the duality that torments Dr. Jonathan Reid, giving them the freedom to choose who to sacrifice and who to save. Every killing has consequences, and it’s up to players to balance their need to feed and grow stronger, with the rapidly deteriorating city of London.

2. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Looks good that. Hope it's combat heavy and not all about survival.

3. solidslug

solidslug 2016 Game Completionist

Got my eye on this. Looks and sounds good

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. TalllPaul

'Episode 2: Architects of the Obscure' – discover how DONTNOD coupled Vampyr's music and visuals to bring 1918 London to life

5. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

That's looking brilliant. Combat at the end looks really good.

solidslug likes this.
  6. TalllPaul

'DONTNOD Presents Vampyr' – Episode III of the webseries asks players what it means to take a life 'Episode III: Human After All' – meet the citizens of Vampyr's 1918 London, and learn how DONTNOD will make you feel the death of each one you decide to feed on

7. BazTardoUK

Liking this more with every video I see.

8. TalllPaul

Release date announced in this one, June 5th.

9. BazTardoUK

Definitely be getting this. Each video impressed me more and more.

10. BazTardoUK

Happy to see more combat there. Looking forward to this.

11. BazTardoUK

Good video, just ignore his accent and stupid words.

12. BazTardoUK

Played about an hour or so of this last night. Graphics aside, it was a lot of fun. Have a feeling I will be going down the killing random people route a fair bit.

13. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

Done about 3 hrs myself ,graphics are shit as Baz said, apart from that it's a decent game , going to try and only kill the people that deserve it, although can imagine killing a few more to get easy xp

14. BazTardoUK

After struggling with a boss last night, I plan to kill a few more members of the public to gain some XP

Not sure if I’ve got used to the look of the game, but after yesterdays big update, it looked a bit better to me.