1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Vita has loads of upcoming games – Papers Please, Broforce, Starbound

Discussion in 'PS Vita General' started by schatuk, Aug 13, 2014.

1. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

2. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Great list of games.

People still want to see the likes of CoD and Battlefield come to the Vita, but they just don't sell enough to make it worth their while in making them.

3. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

I'm still very happy with the vita I know there's not alot of big games like cod or that but as the man said nobody like it when it was made for it. So there better off making game's that really suit the vita in the long term!

sent from my Xperia Z1

4. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

If they can bring out more games like Tearaway then I'll be happy, if not then we have remote play to fall back on and that works a treat.

Sent from my Nexus 7

5. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

Thats a game i have yet to play but everyone says it's brilliant!!

sent from my Xperia Z1

6. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

Cracking game DJ, makes good use of the vita and it's touch capability

Sent from my Nexus 7

7. LesTom1

LesTom1 Wastes loads of time on forum

Wasn't a huge fan of Tearaway, but as you say the Remote Play will keep the Vita breathing for a good while yet

8. Frodo

Frodo Button Pusher 'DILLIGAF' Award Winner 2016

Luftrausers is a game you have to get. In the sale now. Around 3 quid.

thedamnedunited likes this.
  9. thedamnedunited

thedamnedunited Pro Gamer Staff Member Most likely to Rage Quit

Was interested in this but hadn't seen any recommendations until now - will pick it up

10. Kappisun

Kappisun Always around

Heard loads of good stuff about luftrausers. Just been watching some broforce on you tube. Looks awesome

11. LesTom1

LesTom1 Wastes loads of time on forum

Broforce looks epic

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

12. Kappisun

Kappisun Always around

Just got luftrausers, not played much but enjoyed what I've done so far. I do like all the indie games on vita but does feel its power is not utilised. Shame we can't get a good mix but if not selling no one gonna make em. Did anyone get borderlands 2 by the way

13. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

The Vita is selling and it's in high demand at the moment according to a few reports. The thing is, it's selling for 2 reasons. Japan for all their games and the fact they love handhelds. Rest of the world because of remote play.

Borderlands 2 is superb. Shows exactly what the Vita can do if developers try.

The only thing stopping more games like this coming along is sales. Despite the numbers out there, they just can't get the massive sales developers expect from AAA titles.

14. SirStuie

SirStuie Always around

Too much beer Baz.

15. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Always around

16. EzyRambo

EzyRambo Wastes loads of time on forum

The Vita is selling? It's selling ok in Japan but is pretty much a joke everywhere else with very small sales.

Shame as it is the best handheld on the market.

17. Frodo

Frodo Button Pusher 'DILLIGAF' Award Winner 2016

It is selling.

I can see you....

18. EzyRambo

Yeah it is selling but not that well. If it sells one unit then it is selling, but please the fact Sony isn't going to release stuff on it other than Japan doesn't sound like it did very well in USA and Europe otherwise AAA would be coming.

Just saying.

19. Gryste

Gryste Wastes loads of time on forum

Nothing Rambo loves more than bashing Microsoft is bashing vita sales

Djchristy likes this.
  20. EzyRambo

Not bashing anything just stating facts. Some people choose to ignore facts and claim its selling well, when the figures don't agree with those statements.

Vita is great and remote play is probably its selling feature and works really well. If you like Indie and a lot of people do then it is excellent. It's selling ok in Japan everywhere else it's not been very good.

Its manufacturer Sony basically dropping support for it doesn't speak volumes in terms of success. Every podcast in gaming journalism I've listened to say the Vita is great but in terms of selling its been a failure overall.

Not taking anything away, Vita is a great system and the critics agree it is a great system but it didn't take off like Sony hoped.

I bash Microsoft because they deserve it because they massively screwed up and continue to do so. Same goes for Sony and Playstation Now, if they charge what's been seen it is dead before it starts and deserves to if they think they can get away charging that.

Kail1967 and Djchristy like this.