1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The deal with PS+ and tomorrows update

Discussion in 'Multi Format Gaming' started by TalllPaul, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

Can see the attraction and agree that if you don't have these games or never played them then ps plus looks ok, but to answer DJ I haven't subscribed to plus and the latest info hasn't altered my feeling that it's not for me.
    Mentioned it on Twitter that my stance on plus is a little weird as I pay for xbl but still can't get excited enough to join ps plus.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. i did have a live subs but its going silver,simply cannot justify it..
    with + yes the games are older virtua fighter 5 is a live arcade game coming out on xbox tomorrow for example and is 1200 points which is basically the price of a 3 month subs..how long will you play it probably 3 months so think of it that way...
    i dont think they are finished and fully expect more stuff this week..alot of stuff is usually trickled out bit by bit.

3. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

The sizes:

Virtua Fighter Final Showdown - 1955MB

Infamous 2 - 15GB

Space Marine - 5224MB

Chime - 189MB - 6KB

Darksiders - 10GB

Oddworld - 3248MB

Outland - 1195MB - 6KB

Renegade Ops - 2592MB - 188KB

LBP 2 - 5865MB

MSA - 6791MB

4. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

For a grand total approaching 50Gb!

5. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

won't be getting infamous 2 and msa as ive played em before
    will grab the rest though lol

6. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Think i better clear out some old game data!

7. i had the lot..saves me putting a disc in :p can go back and plat infamous2 now at some point lol ..might go 1 as well i got free as well

8. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Quick Q.

Can I 'purchase' a title without downloading and have it appear in my downloads list for re-downloading at a later date (assuming I still have PS+ natch) or do i have to complete the initial download for it to show?

Reason I ask is I've got Space Marine, LBP2 and Infamous 2 already on retail disc and I my plan is to keep the discs til I've finished but have the store download available should I ever want to go back to them once I've traded the discs. I don't want to tie up 25 gig of HDD space on the offchance, nor do i really want to commit to a 2-3 day download just to have these store titles available.

9. gamingoldies admin

gamingoldies admin Its really Cartie Staff Member

yes you can
    click the download purchase or whatever its called and just dont download it,will appear in your download history and can get it at a later date even if its gone off +

10. schatuk

Nice. Cheers.

+ is looking like 40 quid well spent to me so far....

11. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

So in Euros the total for the 10 games is 262.90€ but that is the store price not a cheaper website price. I have/am downloading all except Space Marine :D

12. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

I set 5 off last night and they were only half way through when I got up this morning. This is without the big Infamous 2 as well, will have to set that one tonight.

13. Nemesis_7T4

Nemesis_7T4 Game Night Host

All my downloads have completed and installed much to my surprise this morning. There was over 50Gb of them! Had to delete a load of game data to squeeze them all on my 500gb HD though. Looking at fitting a 1TB drive soon to solve any future space issues. Got three games i can trade in now too :)

14. yeah i will be trading 3 games as well not worth much traded in but better money for me for other stuff that sitting on the shelf

15. morton027

morton027 Always around

I got £21 at HMV for LBP2 and MS:A disc copies, admittedly by getting them to beat CEX's offer.

16. unkool6969

unkool6969 Always around

thank god i just bought that 320GB HDD :)
    Lets get chugging