1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 55's League Revival

Discussion in 'Challenge Us' started by marke46320d, Jun 7, 2012.

1. marke46320d

marke46320d New Member

Hi there peeps.
    First of all, I wasn't quite sure where to post this so if mods want to move it to a more appropriate section then please do so.
    I have already been in contact with two clans you are familiar with, Old & Rubbish and Hope.
    Infact it was Jenxy over at Hope who recommended your clan to us.
    I am offering you the chance to participate in a COD that we are about to start up again.
    Rough details are below.
    A little before I joined the 55's which was nearly 4 years ago, they used to operate a thing called The 55's League.
    It was one of the first large scale clan vs clan league set-up in the early days of Cod 4.
    It consisted of many of the well known original clans from back in the old days of the Infinity Ward Forum era. Some if these included Americas Most Wanted (AMW) and the Canadians (CDN).
    we are currently trying to resurrect The 55's League and would very much like your clan to be part of it. We are co arranging this alongside Old & Rubbish (O&R) clan. We also in talks with some other clans we have ties with.
    Details still need to confirmed but we will basically have two leagues running - 1 R1 which is America and Canada
    - 2 R2 which is the UK and the rest of Europe
    Games will be played in the fashion of our upcoming friendly. R1 winner wouldthen eventually play the R2 winners
    So how about it.
    Fancy making history and helping us revive The 55's League?

Sent from mark's iPhone using his finger

2. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

We're not an official clan, but if enough people were up for this we'd happily join to make the numbers up.

3. marke46320d

marke46320d New Member

Cool. All games would be arranged with plenty of notice for you to get a team together.
    I'll post again when everything is finalised.

4. marke46320d

marke46320d New Member

Could you please register on our site at www.the55s.com and post your team details in the clan league section asap.
    Thanks.

5. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Who's up for this then??

6. thedamnedunited

thedamnedunited Pro Gamer Staff Member Most likely to Rage Quit

If you are not bothered about winning - you can count me in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. marke46320d

marke46320d New Member

Winning would be nice but not important. But this is more about getting the best and most fun clans together and building some strong bonds between them all.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  8. BazTardoUK

How many players are needed for the games?

9. marke46320d

marke46320d New Member

6 preferably. If you have less than that on the night the team with the highest number of members will drop to match the lowest. So if you had 5 players we would play the games 5 v 5.
    When you post on the sign up thread could you post your 6 most likely players and 2 extra subs. You can play others players if needed we arent that strict but we would like 8 names down on the site.
    If you could post up on our sign up thread under the clan league section on our site asap it would be much appreciated. Just helps us know exactly how many clans are participating and whether they are Uk based or USA based.
    Thanks.

10. NumptyNed

NumptyNed Ayrton Senna Award

I would be up for this, and i know a friend of mine would probably be as well. we are part of another clan called Sh#t and participated in the first two season of the MW3 league on the Official Playstation Forums, and actually won the first season! But unfortunatly a couple of our members have stopped playing COD and we havent played as a clan for a few months and we're looking for a new group to play with :encouragement:

11. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

I'm limiting myself to playing mw3 just once a week and that's game nights, so I couldn't commit to playing it any other time I'm afraid.

12. BazTardoUK

That's fine mate, just trying to work out if we have a team or not, so I can enter us or decline.

13. Nemesis_7T4

Nemesis_7T4 Game Night Host

Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately i'm gonna have to give it a miss, we're super busy at work over summer and I can't really commit myself to something which i might not be able to attend. If there are enough people then you could put me down as a reserve just in case i can make it. Good luck :)

14. BazTardoUK

No problem mate.

Any more volunteers before I say we can't make it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. unkool6969

unkool6969 Always around

i could be tempted but would'nt be playing the 7 oclock starters too early for me so if thats an issue its a no from me

16. marke46320d

marke46320d New Member

Hi guys. Gutted you're struggling with numbers.
    We usually play our games with a 10pm start if that's any help.
    If you can't make the league then please feel free to stop by our site in the future and we can always arrange a friendly.

17. BazTardoUK

Someone remind me tomorrow and I will push this again. With a total of 15 people joining us for tonight's MW3 night, I'm sure we can get 8 people for this.

We have some really good players as well, so would be silly not trying it.

18. marke46320d

marke46320d New Member

Just register on our site and post your intention to participate in the League.
    We have a section for it.
    We are waiting to fill one last R2 (Europe) team space so it's yours if you want it mate.
    The quicker we fill the spaces the quicker we can start it.
    This will initially be a small League run as a warm up to a bigger League. Once we have ironed out any niggles we will try to pick up more clans we meet along the way.
    Hope to see you guys on our site soon!

19. NumptyNed

NumptyNed Ayrton Senna Award

myself and Brooksy may be up for playing in the league, what game modes is it? how often do you play?

20. BazTardoUK

Guessing the game modes will be a mixture of Domination, Search and Destroy, Team Deathmatch and maybe another one and the winner will be highest wins on night.

Again this is a guess but games would probably be once a week at time agreed with other clan.