1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony unveils Gold Wireless Headset for PS4

Discussion in 'Playstation 4' started by TalllPaul, Feb 5, 2018.

1. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

[​IMG]

Sony has announced that it's bringing a new Gold Wireless Headset to the UK and US for use with both PS4 and PSVR.

While the format holder didn't give us anymore info other than a vague 'soon' in regards to availability, the device promises to expand on the Wireless Headset 2.0, offering increased comfort and performance for users thanks to a 'sleek new form and refined over-ear cushions.'

Much like its previous incarnation, the gold version of the headset recreates the crystal clear 7.1 virtual surround sound and comes packaged with the PSVR and mobile-friendly 3.5mm audio cable. Sony also notes that the revamped design makes it even more suitable for virtual reality gaming and lengthy play sessions alike.

A price and release date for the Gold Wireless Headset has yet to be announced for Europe, but in the US it'll set you back $99.99 so call it, what, around £130 over here?

2. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Too much for virtual surround sound in my opinion, especially when you can pick Astro A50 gen 2 for that.

3. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

After the issues you guys have had with them it would definitely put me off buying Astros tbh.

If theses come in around €100 I'll probably get them

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

There's a chat echo issue with Xbox, that is easily fixed with a cheap cable. Sound quality of headphones is way more important than chat though.

5. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

You shouldn't need to buy a cable for headset that is designed for the Xbox. I'm happy enough with the sound of my 2.0s for the money I've spent tbh.

6. Gryste

Gryste Wastes loads of time on forum

For the amount of time you are on, those 2.0’s are virtually brand new . Why you need new ones

Djchristy likes this.
  7. BazTardoUK

It's silly that most headsets even need a cable for chat with Xbox. But it's obvious the Astros one was designed for the original controller that had no audio jack, hence the need for the cable.

8. UKCowboy74

UKCowboy74 Always around

I'll stick with my Turtle Beaches for both Xbox and Playstation they have always been good to me

Djchristy likes this.
  9. Djchristy

Top Poster Of Month

One of the ear covers keep falling off but other then that they're grand

10. Djchristy

Top Poster Of Month

I've no issue with cables for chat personally just think that if you where to buy that headset at full price it really should work with the lead that came in the box.

11. BazTardoUK

It does work.

12. Djchristy

Top Poster Of Month

If it works properly why have so many of yous gone out and got another lead to stop the echo on the Xbox?

13. BazTardoUK

To stop the echo...

14. Djchristy

Top Poster Of Month

Then the original lead dosn't work as intended. Bottom line you shouldn't need to get a new lead paying that money for a headset.

Anyways the new 2.0s look lovely

15. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

As good as the sound quality was on the 2.0 i had, the build quality for me was enough to put me off this design for life.

(Off topic, DJ does have a very good point :) )

Djchristy likes this.
  16. lankz92

lankz92 Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

My 2.0's where spot on. I dunno how some people managed to have them in bits. Yes the earcup was starting to peel but i got close to 3 years before that started. Not a single crack or strain marks on them, still use them for PC.

17. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

My 2.0s are fine and they have been dropped on the floor more times than Lankzs' knickers at a Boyzone concert.

Djchristy likes this.
  18. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

Simple, we used them.
    Think we had a discussion a few years back about the cracking issues with the 2.0 and how they were used. Just one of those things where for some they were spot on (same with Astro's) but for some they were just prone to cracking. As i said, cracking sound when they were working but no good having a decent sound when you couldn't wear them.

19. lankz92

lankz92 Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Yeah. So did i. Nearly every night and no problems.

20. Kappisun

Kappisun Always around

I really liked my 2.0s and found they were in pristine condition for couple years. I found though that they rapidly started degrading and cracking and eventually were held together with masking tape. Moved onto Astros and never had any sound issues with them. Jump in sound quality is night and day for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk