1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony say fewer first-party games are coming for Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita General' started by BazTardoUK, Jun 18, 2014.

1. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

SOURCE

Sad news this. We don't get enough big games for the Vita as it is, without Sony giving in and thinking indie games are enough.

Remote play is nice to have, but there's very few games it works well enough with to use it for long.

2. Frodo

Frodo Button Pusher 'DILLIGAF' Award Winner 2016

He has a point though. People prefer the quick style games, look at what Nintendo have on the DS ranges.

I can see you....

3. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Nothing against quick style games, but that doesn't mean we have to have loads of indie games.

Personally I don't even have any indie games. I bought my Vita to play almost console games in my hand, but at a slower pace.

4. Frodo

Yeah it sucks they have moved the goalposts for us early adopters but with the poor sales Sony need to change their plan of attack.

Personally I don't mind indie games on either my ps4 or vita so this news doesn't bother me. That said I'd love another uncharted or a reboot of syphon filter. Seems that won't happen.

I can see you....

5. musiclynx

musiclynx Most dedicated Game Night host Game Night Host

This.

Sent from the Total Perspective Vortex

6. Frodo

3rd party developers can and will still make these games though all is not lost.

I can see you....

7. BazTardoUK

You'd like to think so, but who knows. There's not many as it is.

8. Frodo

If Sony are serious about keeping the vita alive they'll have to throw money at it ,so fingers crossed

I can see you....

9. BazTardoUK

Doesn't sound like they will. In their eyes, remote play, indies and PlayStation Now is enough for it.

The message this sends out to other developers is quite damaging. If they can't be bothered with their own console, why should someone else be.

10. Frodo

Money.....

Sony haven't said they won't fund development from other parties have they?

I can see you....

11. BazTardoUK

No but that's not really the point. Unless they start throwing money at the likes of Ubisoft for example, then we're just going to get indies / small developers making the kind of games I don't like.

12. Frodo

Time will tell I guess?

I can see you....

13. BazTardoUK

The future isn't bright:

14. Frodo

TBC MLB 14.

I question that list as MLB is installed on my vita right now.

I can see you....

15. BazTardoUK

16. Frodo

Eurogamer want the vita to fail. Always have.

I can see you....

17. EzyRambo

EzyRambo Wastes loads of time on forum

Didn't want to say I told you so but........

It doesn't sell well enough, it never has. It had a little spike when the PS4 was released but has fallen to low levels. No company will spend millions if it can't get the returns.

Just like Microsoft who killed off Kinect recently this is Sony putting the nails in the coffin for Vita. They will concentrate on Playstation Now and Vita will quietly be forgotten about. Isn't Playstation Now going to be available on Sony phones? Or all smart phones? If so that's where they will be successful on the handhelds.

I don't think Vita got a mention at the E3 conference, says it all about the future plans.

18. Frodo

It did get a mention ...

Sent from somewhere near to your house

19. thedamnedunited

thedamnedunited Pro Gamer Staff Member Most likely to Rage Quit

Can't remember when I last used vita.

Hopefully this year's fifa for vita will actually be some sort of gameplay upgrade rather just updated squads and hoping when EA release PGA Tour next year they do Vita version.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

20. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

Thought it would be bothered about this but I'm not, a lot of third party stuff is great like dragon's crown and the final fantasy remakes also the indie stuff is a perfect fit on the vita, don't forget the cross buy cross save stuff and remote play as well

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thedamnedunited, Djchristy and Frodo like this.