1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some 5.0 Firmware Features Leaked

Discussion in 'Playstation 4' started by TalllPaul, Aug 11, 2017.

1. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

PlayStation 4 firmware update 5.0 isn’t out the wild yet but information on it has been come out ahead of time.

Firmware update 5.0 was announced in July when Sony sent word it was accepting beta applications from PlayStation 4 owners. Today, information on what’s included was posted by Eurogamer.

Eurogamer obtained a copy of the release notes, and it seems the biggest takeaway is the ability to stream Twitch in 1080p and 60fps. This part of the update though will limited to PS4 Pro owners.

Once the update is applied to either PS4 consoles, users will be able to follow anyone’s account, which at present is only possible for verified accounts such as games, developers and YouTubers. Sony is changing things around in order to “encourage more sharing of content and more interactions,” said Eurogamer.

This way folks won’t have to send a friend request to be verified, and it won’t affect friend limits. This will allow followers to see and share more content. Users will also be able to choose whether only existing friends or anyone can follow.

More options will be made available for those with sub or family accounts. These changes include multiple adult accounts in a family, the ability to set parental controls “on a per-account basis,” and there will also be a new web application to manage family accounts from mobile or PC.

Once 5.0 drops, system notifications can be viewed from the Quick Menu without the need to go back to the Home screen. Downloads can also be checked using Quick Menu.

Other changes include event push notifications, new language options for the UI, VR mode broadcasting will allow spectator comments on screen, broadcasts can be linked to the PlayStation Community, and support for bundle and compilation discs and more.

2. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Nothing exciting for me then.

3. Reidzer 1314

Reidzer 1314 Reidzer N7 2016 Game Completionist

I would imagine, and hope, that this is just a few of the features, surely more will be packed in there with this being FW 5.0??

4. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

Lot's of people expecting increase in party chat or even something to do with Ps Now.
    Agree with you you'd expect something bigger for 5.0

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

5. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

I don't expect much tbh, they could have addd 16 player parties donkeys ago if they wanted, and I can't see PS Now going to plus for example as it isn't available everywhere and not everyone has good enough internet for it.

Hope I am wrong though.

6. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

I'd be one of them people who if they had PS Now in there country wouldn't be able to use it due to bad Internet the joy's of living out in the country i suppose

7. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Yes can't see PS Now being added. People in areas that don't get it will be even more pissed off at the price increase.

Party chat is something we've always wanted, but very rarely actually needed. 8 people not talking in one chat is enough really ;)

8. Djchristy

Top Poster Of Month

With how popular our COD night's are getting lately we'll soon need at least 9 spots

BazTardoUK likes this.
  9. BazTardoUK

Especially when people turn up to the new game to watch you open loot boxes! :p

10. Reidzer 1314

Reidzer 1314 Reidzer N7 2016 Game Completionist

11. BazTardoUK

Notifications in the quick menu is about the only thing there that's of any use to me.

12. Djchristy

Top Poster Of Month

I'm surprised a party chat increase still hasn't happened.