1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNR v GOs Killzone 3

Discussion in 'Challenge Us' started by Martok, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Member

Senior Gamers would like to challenge Gaming Oldies to a Killzone 3 match!

For those who haven't read my intro, we're a new community just over a week old and we're not at all into competitive gaming - we just like playing for fun. We fully expect to be thrashed by you but we don't care as long as we can all have a laugh.

So, do you have enough KZ3 players and are you up for it?

If so, how about playing on Wednesday 25 July from 8.30pm onwards?

We've never played a clan match on Killzone so it's probably best if we work out the details together for the format & number of rounds. Then maybe we can play on afterwards and mix up the teams so we can play alongside folk from both communities?

Let me know what you think. :)

2. sounds like a plan ...
    first off is whos going to host,probably someone who has a large upload other part is comms,as you probably know kz3 comms are flakey..not a problem for us but welcome to join ts and for teamwork you could go into another channel
    im sure there will be enough interest in it as its a great game...

suggestions on maps modes etc are welcome ..been a while since i had a good go of this and i think you will batter us to be fair

3. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

You can count me in for this love the game :)

4. LesTom1

LesTom1 Wastes loads of time on forum

Count me in as well, it's my favourite PS3 game after all. The only problem may be, is that I'm on holiday on that week, so it'll depend on what I'm doing.

5. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

We aren't a clan either and only ever play for fun, so the match will no doubt be quite even. We stopped KZ3 being an official game night a short while ago due to it becoming less and less popular, but there's a good chance it could make another comeback, it's managed it before.

As for maps and modes, we could do one game of each of the game types and just pick a different map each time.

Would be better if we could start no earlier than 9.30pm with a view of half an hour warm up first. Most of our nights start at 9.30 and don't really get going until 10 as people become free from wife and kids ;)

6. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

Would have joined in but this is going to clash with COD Classics Black Ops night, any other day I would have joined for a game.

7. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Is KZ3 MP still free on the store?

8. Martok

Martok Member

If dates are a problem then we're happy to look at alternatives; Wednesdays are our preference but I'm sure we can play on another day of the week if needed.

I've got BT Infinity 2 with around 70Mb download and 15Mb upload which should be fast enough for a game. As for comms, we've not found them to be a problem but thanks for the offer of teamspeak and we'll let you know if we want to take that up.

Timing could be a little late for some of our early morning start folk though I'll check that with them and let you know. If it is, would a 9.15pm meet-up with a 9.30pm start for the match be a possibility?

9. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

I'm sure with the notice we've got 9.15 should be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Kail1967

For me Sunday would be better, looking at our gamenights that's the one that could be used without clashing. Note to gamenight schedule person, that we seem to have GRFS on both Tuesday and Sunday according to the gamenights listed on TS?.

11. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

The Sunday GRFS was moved to tuesday but not currently replaced, hence the probable oversight.

12. thedamnedunited

thedamnedunited Pro Gamer Staff Member Most likely to Rage Quit

Count me in for this please

13. BazTardoUK

Sunday numbers are too short to contemplate that night.

Wednesday will be fine, we can give Showdown and CoD a miss for a week if needed.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  14. Kail1967

Ok I'll have to miss out :( Wednesday for me is classics night.

15. Skye

Skye Bublé Hater

Can still do the classics night, there is still enough who will be online for Blops that night Kail

16. BazTardoUK

Yep Classics night can carry on, we will skip Showdown that week.

17. def be in...sounds like a alot of fun

18. Skye

Skye Bublé Hater

you gonna be turning up then ,you also never used too :D

19. BazTardoUK

He never used to turn up to any game night unless it was Friday, but this is a new Cartie ;)

20. Skye

Skye Bublé Hater

ahhh right any chance the old one can return then lol :D