1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNR v GOs BF3

Discussion in 'Challenge Us' started by Martok, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Member

Senior Gamers would like to challenge Gaming Oldies to a BF3 match.

We played you on KZ3 a couple of months ago and won so we thought you'd like the chance to exact some revenge on us on BF3!

Our regular BF3 nights are on Thursdays but I know that you play on Mondays and Tuesdays so we're happy to fit in with you if that suits.

If you're interested, how about:

9pm start
    1 warm-up round first whilst folk join the server (could play this as TDM)
    3 rounds of Conquest using standard+Karkand maps (no CQ or AK DLC as not all have these)

Happy to look at other possibilities if you prefer something a little different.

We'll likely be able to field a team of 8. We may be able to get more but being small if we base it on this number to start and we can do better then I'll let you know.

So, what do you think?

If you're interested, let me know and suggest some dates and we'll take it from there. :)

2. musiclynx

musiclynx Most dedicated Game Night host Game Night Host

Sounds like fun!

Can't play on Tuesday or Thursday myself though but as Monday is our "regular" Battlefield night I imagine we could get a team of 8 on. However, we usually have more than 8 joining on Mondays and I wouldn't want to leave people out of the fun.

3. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

I'm sure we can get a decent amount of people together for this on a Monday.

Not me though I go to the pub ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Martok

Martok Member

OK, let's see if we can sort a date for this then.

How about Monday 15th October @ 9pm ?

If you prefer to keep Mondays for your regular BF3 event then how about Thursday 18th @ 9pm ?

5. musiclynx

Thursdays are a no-no for me personally, but I'll ask around tonight what the other players think of it and let you know as soon as I have something sensible to say - which in my case may take a while... :lol:

6. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Keeping it on the monday would make more sense IMO. It seems to be difficult to gather people for anything on a thursday

7. celticsilver78

celticsilver78 Always around

Im up for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. musiclynx

Oh feck!

I completely forgot to ask last night :frusty:
    Will post in the BF3 Monday thread as well and ask around on Twitter.

9. sec71

sec71 Most profane language Most likely to Rage Quit Voted Angriest member 2016

I will be on for this :D

10. EzyRambo

EzyRambo Wastes loads of time on forum

I'm off on this day and the boss should be in work that evening so count me in.

11. unkool6969

unkool6969 Always around

come to me my sheep:couple_inlove: id be up for this :welcoming:

12. musiclynx

So, so far we have (confirmed):

celticsilver78
    sec71
    Rambo
    bagpuss1669
    Hammy17
    me

I'm assuming schatuk also wants in even though he hasn't specifically said so ;)

Anyone else interested?

13. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Whoops! Sorry mate, thought I'd said. Barring disasters I'm in

Tapatalking

14. Roddair

Roddair Regular

If you need a talented skilled bf3 player to add for Monday then unfortunately I'll be no help! If you're desperate though I'll be available Monday!

15. Martok

Martok Member

SNR currently have 7 signed up for this. I'm chasing some others so hopefully we'll have 8 and I'll let you know if we have more in case you're able to field a bigger team.

So, set-up for the match, your server or ours?

Probably best to password the server to prevent the general public wandering in.

As for format, my suggestion was:

9pm start

Starter: TDM (warm-up whilst folk join the server and are put on the right teams)
    Match proper: 3 maps of Conquest chosen from standard+Karkand (or just standard?) maps so all can play.

Does this sound OK? If so, do you have any suggestions/preferences for maps?

16. musiclynx

As far as the server goes, perhaps best to use yours as I can't be sure I can get on before 9 to set it up.

The format sounds fine to me although I have to check whether all our players have the B2K expansion.

However: I just read that there will be maintenance this Monday (1pm until 2am Tuesday). Although Sony says we should be able to play, there have often been connection issues during past maintenance periods. So, do we just play and hope for the best or postpone the match (a week for example)?

What do you all think?

17. sec71

sec71 Most profane language Most likely to Rage Quit Voted Angriest member 2016

I'm happy to go with the flow :D

18. Martok

Martok Member

I think we should still go ahead with this and hope that Sony keep to their promise of not affecting online play.

19. musiclynx

I'm fine with that, although I wouldn't be so sure about Sony's "promise". I've played BF3 during previous maintenance periods and had some serious trouble even getting into the multplayer menu, let alone any games.

20. schatuk

Can't hurt to leave as is and try though. If some have trouble on the night then we can always rearrange then

Tapatalking