1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIE patents digital trade ins and gifts

Discussion in 'Playstation 4' started by TalllPaul, Mar 26, 2019.

1. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

Every once in a fair while, SIE patents something very interesting. Well, another patent surfaced today that should make gamers astronimically happy if you’re a digital only gamer. SIE patented a way for gamers to sell, trade, and give away digital titles as they please.

Description of the patent is below:

A user can use the digital copy and perform various modifications to the digital copy. A value can be determined for the digital copy based on the various modifications. At a later date, the user (e.g., owner) is free to give away, sell or trade the digital copy to another party in transaction with terms based on, for example, the determined value of the digital copy.

For people like myself with over 400+ PSN games we’ll probably never touch again, this is very exciting! Hope it becomes an actual feature and not a patent forever!

2. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Be interesting to see how that works, if it ever happens.

3. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

We have issued a correction on this article after further research into the patent has revealed information that varies heavily from what was originally reported. https://t.co/w4ZcuNlyCI

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk