1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSVR 3DRudder

Discussion in 'PlayStation VR' started by TalllPaul, Apr 4, 2019.

1. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

The peripheral’s design

The device is topped with a slim circular platform onto which you rest your feet. This platform rests on a rounded bottom half. The combination makes for incredibly intuitive movement: you simply tilt your feet in the direction you want to move. The more angled the tilt, the faster you’ll move.

It allows for life-like motion. You can walk straight, sprint while taking a corner or stop exactly where you want to, in a smooth, seamless way.

No sticks, no buttons. Inside the device are IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) and pressure sensors which track your movements and translate them to in-game motion. We’ve demoed the 3dRudder at numerous shows and events, and everyone who has tried it has commended the seamlessness of the experience.

To use the 3dRudder, you just need to plug it in to your PS4 console via USB. No additional setup is necessary and the device is compatible (and combinable) with PlayStation Move motion controllers, the PS VR Aim controller, and Dualshock 4.

[https://live][https://live][https://live]

How it improves your PS VR gameplay

Shifting motion controls to your feet frees up both your hands for action, giving you the possibility to move and act simultaneously.

Imagine yourself playing a first-person shooter with a PS Move motion controller in each hand. You come under fire. Thanks to the 3dRudder you can use your feet to dodge incoming attacks and leave your hands to concentrate on firing back, while glancing round for additional enemies. It’s simply a more immersive experience.

“It provides a different kind of gameplay experience,” says Mixed Realms, the studio behind Sairento VR (coming soon to PS VR). “The 3dRudder is an innovative device that provides a whole new form of movement for VR gamers. We see it as the hoverboard for virtual reality experiences.”

Carbon Studio, the creator of The Wizards Enhanced Edition agrees. “The 3dRudder allows for a more free, precise, and intuitive control: besides freeing up the hands, the controller allows for more kinds of movement.”

[https://live]

25+ compatible games at launch

Ultimately, 3dRudder is all about offering a new, thrilling experience to PSVR players. We are happy to confirm 25 PS VR games will support 3dRudder at launch:

Immortal Legacy: The Jade Cypher

Undead Citadel

Sairento VR

Ultrawings VR

Bow to Blood

Pirate Flight

DWVR

The Wizards-Enhanced edition

Red Matter

Operation Warcade

Beat Blaster

Honor and Duty : D-Day

Honor and Duty : Arcade Edition

Nature Treks

Mind Labyrinth

Scraper VR

Affected : The Manor

Telefrag VR

TrainerVR

Proze

Darkness Roller Coaster

Vertigo-Home

Contagion VR

Shadow Legend

Blind

[https://live]

And this is only the beginning: more PS VR games will be getting 3dRudder support in the future. The 3dRudder will launch on 17th June, with a RRP of £119/€119. Global pre-orders are now open on our website.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

120 quid to look even more like a tit? Lol.

It’ll be interesting to hear hands-on from actual VR users rather than marketing flimflam because I’m not sure about that (and yes I realise that my aversion to VR doesn’t make me the most unbiased observer)

3. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

So to make walking better in virtual reality, you actually sit down? :D:D

schatuk likes this.
  4. lankz92

lankz92 Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Looks crap tbh.
    The omni treadmill is what you want. I doubt it works with psvr tho and probly costs a bomb.

5. Frodo

Frodo Button Pusher 'DILLIGAF' Award Winner 2016

Early reviews say it's very good.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

I'd try it , not at £120 though, interesting to see the reviews when it comes out