1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Pc Remote Play App?

Discussion in 'Playstation 4' started by LesTom1, Nov 27, 2015.

1. LesTom1

LesTom1 Wastes loads of time on forum

Here's hoping

Screenshot_2015-11-27-04-06-38.png

thedamnedunited likes this.
  2. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

Wow Les, if right that is awesome
    New there was a reason you had a special place in my heart :tongue:

3. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

Working on it. Weeks away or months away?

The unofficial app will do nicely for now. It's not a bank breaking figure, especially as you can share and cut the cost with others.

4. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Just came in to post this - well played Les.

Oh and yay!

5. LesTom1

Where do you obtain the unofficial app from Baz and how would I share the cost?

6. LesTom1

No worries Sean, the fruits of a dull and boring nightshift ;)

7. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

You get the app from HERE but he's releasing them in batches to keep it easier to monitor any problems, so just keep an eye out.

When you buy it you get an activation key that can be used on 5 devices. Let others log in with your details and they can download it and use the key. I'd say split no more than 3 times so there's spare keys.

8. Officer_Cartman

Officer_Cartman Admin Staff Member Magpie Award Voted Best Admin By Members Voted Biggest Whinger 2016

the thing that interests me if that the official app looks like it will be on mac as well

9. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

See, Sony cater to deprived minorities unlike MS

10. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

Saw this on endgadget and seemed quite apt
    "Leave it to Sony to step into a small time guys shoes while also holding everyone in a holding pattern waiting for the magical release. Classic Sony"

11. BazTardoUK

Top Poster Of Month

Its probably cost the guy a few sales for now, but give it a month and if news about an official app stays quiet, people will happily pay for this app, and they won't be disappointed with it.

12. LesTom1

Whether I wait for the official app or go for the unofficial one, it will for sure give me much needed PS4 time

13. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

What I personally would prefer to see confirmed by yosp/Sony, is the remote play feature being officially available on android devices other than only Sony's product.
    The ps4 user base is big enough now for them to know just containing it to their own devices ignores a huge chunk of their users, throw in ds4 support too.

14. FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ Wastes loads of time on forum

this is Sony, they cant even put the features people want in firmware, so them being quiet on the whole PC/MAC Remote play thing is more the likely,

imo, i think as you said Baz, for the price, the unofficial one is well worth a go(i havent got it myself as of yet)as usually a developer such as Twisted will fix the problems/add new features quicker than ala Sony,

See you in 2017 or something official PC/MAC Remote play, lol