1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi - Social Friday | Friday's 10.00pm

Discussion in 'Game Nights' started by BazTardoUK, Nov 28, 2013.

1. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

[​IMG]

Social Friday - Friday's 10.00pm - Hosted by @Officer_Cartman

Friday is the highlight of everyone's week and we celebrate it with a Social night on the game of the moment. Each week, join us and @Officer_Cartman on whatever game takes your fancy.

2. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Initially, I will be trying out all the different free-to-play offerings that we'll be getting on PS4 on friday evenings and anyone is more than welcome to join me.

Blacklight: Retribution, Warframe, War Thunder, DC Universe Online are the launch titles and I'll be giving each of them at least one friday. There are many more titles to come in the near future including the much anticipated Planetside 2

Hopefully party chat (or possibly TS depending on numbers) will help keep the groups together on a social basis at least.

3. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Yep I'll be planning on using Friday's for F2P as well. Also have to squeeze some NFS Rivals in too.

Friday is probably the only night we will still need Teamspeak. Thinking that most weeks the numbers will be too high for the 8 player party chat, but also, it would be nice if PS3 carried on with Social Friday's too and they could join us as well.

4. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Absolutely.

If I get Rivals (probable) I may go on it saturday night

5. FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ Wastes loads of time on forum

So, what do we think will be the 1st game to get the SF treatment?

6. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

Yep i still think teamspeak will be needed for this as it is a social night and it's a good way of keeping everyone PS4/PS3 together :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. schatuk

LOL, dunno what I'll have time to D/L before tomorrow night so for me it'll be whichever is smallest!

8. BazTardoUK

Tomorrow night will be Killzone for me, at least to start with.

Don't plan on downloading any games until later in the weekend / early next week. Want my console to settle before I put it under my crappy internet stress ;)

9. EzyRambo

EzyRambo Wastes loads of time on forum

I think we should play the original modern warfare game on PS3 yes?

Ok maybe not. I think some multiplayer Killzone or BF4 or Ghosts would be good. However I get a feeling online gaming is going to be a bit of a problem tomorrow with PSN taking a massive bashing.

Be nice as well if at some point briefly we can try out the party chat and game comms just to see how good they are.

10. schatuk

Just seen on the PS Blog that Blacklight has been delayed til sometime next week, so that's that out.

Probably not a bad idea.

11. schatuk

If it is, I'll probably do a bit of all the SP modes - BF4, AC4, KZ - a veritable buffet

12. FrankieADZ

surely if u get it early enough. u could d/l them via the standby mode

13. schatuk

Absolutely. Providing they're not too big and PSN behaves itself (that's the big if IMO)

14. BazTardoUK

Standby mode, tomorrow? Don't be silly, the console will be in use all day ;)

15. Gryste

Gryste Wastes loads of time on forum

how big is the DCU client now? was fairly big when I bought it at launch. never played it after the first month and never went back when in went free to play.

16. schatuk

It was about 26 gig when I D/Led it on PS3. Now? No clue

17. BazTardoUK

Seem to think it was about 19gb when free, so should be bigger now.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

18. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

Could try a bit of War Thunder tomorrow ??

19. FrankieADZ

trying to be Top Gun...huh? lol

20. BazTardoUK

Looking forward to tonight. I'll be on GT6 until this starts, then...

I want to use tonight for games I've not given a chance to yet. So NFS Rivals, War Thunder and Warframe. Maybe even some Blacklight : Retribution

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk