1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft to combine Live and Gamespass

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by TalllPaul, Apr 6, 2019.

1. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

Microsoft is planning on launching a new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription that combines Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass into a single monthly charge. Twitter user h0x0d first revealed the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, and it claims the service will be priced at $14.99 per month. The Verge understands that Microsoft will likely unveil this service alongside the company’s new disc-less Xbox One S All-Digital edition later this month.

The combination of Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live subscriptions into a single monthly charge means Xbox owners will save around $5 per month compared to the $19.98 monthly subscription price for an existing combination of the two. It’s not a massive savings, but the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offering will make a lot of sense for Microsoft’s new disc-less Xbox One S since this console won’t include a Blu-ray drive and will rely heavily on digital downloads and Xbox subscription services.

briefly launched an Xbox All Access subscription that offered a leased Xbox One X, Xbox Live Gold, and Xbox Game Pass all together for $34.99 per month. It was only a limited time offer, but it was clearly an experiment to test the demand for subscription bundling.

Microsoft has been aggressively touting its Xbox Game Pass, a monthly subscription service that provides access to more than 100 Xbox games. Even Xbox Game Studios titles like Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 are available immediately at launch on the service, and Microsoft recently added Minecraft to Xbox Game Pass. Microsoft is also working on an xCloud game streaming service that will stream games to PCs, consoles, and mobile devices.

---

Personally I think this is a great idea especially with how awesome Gamespass is.

2. Reidzer 1314

Reidzer 1314 Reidzer N7 2016 Game Completionist

Makes sense, the two usually come hand in hand. Makes you wonder if XCloud may end up ending a free service.

Sent from my LDN-L01 using Tapatalk

3. GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp Wastes loads of time on forum

Saw this last night as a leak, not confirmed though.
    Has it been confirmed.
    Of the price is going to save some money than doing them individually as suggested it's a great thing.

XBL is Going up £10 a year later this year from £39.99 to £49.99 but it's the first price increase in the UK since XBL originally launched.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

4. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

Saving me money can only be a good thing

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. UKCowboy74

UKCowboy74 Always around

Buying them Combined might save you Money compared to buying Separately but what about those of us who don't really do Gamepass (I hardly have enough time to play all the Game's I've bought without adding god knows how many more that come with Gamepass) I'll be paying more than I would Normally

6. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

I would imagine there would still be the option to buy each separately.

7. lankz92

lankz92 Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Yup thats how iv took it. This would be a tier above gold.

8. UKCowboy74

UKCowboy74 Always around

I hope so my Pile of Shame is big enough as it is without adding the Gamepass Collection to it

9. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

Confirmed, out later this year. Insiders can try it early.

10. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

Wonder why this needs testing? Would seem very straight forward to introduce.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

11. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

From a technical standpoint I’d tend to agree, so I’d assume this is more a ‘test’ to generate buzz

Djchristy likes this.
  12. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

If there's online deals from the likes of cdkeys and Amazon, then this will be good, otherwise I think most times it works out cheaper to buy 12 months of each separately.

13. schatuk

Yep, this

14. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Signed up to this last month. If you are in preview there's an offer where it takes into account how many months live and gamepass you have stacked then adds them together and gives you both for £1 a month for the combined time. Pretty good offer if you have a lot of stacked live.
    After this it goes to the standard joined price which is still cheaper than buying both seperately. Worth looking I to if you are keen on gamepass.
    For me, if MS keep their 1st party releases coming to gamepass on day 1 then it's frankly a no brainer.