1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT5 GamingOldies v Old N Rubbish

Discussion in 'Challenge Us' started by Kail1967, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

As some of you may be aware, im also a member of the Old N Rubbish ps3 gaming site and have asked their GT5 hosts if they would fancy having a friendly race night against ourselves. They are keen on the idea and have asked their GT5 players who would like to play, only problem is they play on a Friday and we play on a Saturday so two questions.
    1. Are any of the GT5 players up for a friendly Forum v Forum race night?
    2. If so would you prefer to stick too Saturdays or would you be willing to have a one off Friday race night with ONR?

Dependent on numbers then i can speak to hol666 on OnR and work out the tracks, cars etc and if they want to join us on teamspeak or use in game comms.

2. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

If it could be timed so it's not on an F1 weekend then I'd be up for taking part on a Friday as we don't do F1 night when there's no grand prix.

3. Kail1967

Oh that should be easy enough, i thought you were all playing Grid3 and MNR on Fridays though?

4. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

We do but as a one off it won't hurt for a few of us to do this. Also many of the GT5 players don't play Dirt 3 or MNR.

5. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

Any night works for me TBH,

6. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

I'm good to go whenever :D

7. Kail1967

Heatster your the one who usually hosts the GT5 night so what do you think to this for an idea.
    We have 4 races of 5 laps each (dependent on track so not the long german one whos name i cant remember), We choose 2 along with Car and restrictions and they choose 2 along with Car and restrictions? Then after the races if folks want to carry on we can just choose tracks at random with shuffle races set? Your the one who has more understanding of the game and its options so if you can think of something let me know so i can post it on O&R for them to look at.

8. musiclynx

musiclynx Most dedicated Game Night host Game Night Host

Depending on the number of people that want in, I can skip Dirt or MNR for once. Always in for a fun special event! But perhaps the people that don't play either of those and want in should get the first chance.

9. BazTardoUK

That's a good idea music. I'll happily leave it for others to join that don't take part in any other Friday night game.

10. Kail1967

I would hazard a guess that its going to be mainly the GT5 guys amongst us that would want to take part anyway Music/Baz which would include you two. How many can we get in a private room on GT5, saves me booting it up to check lol

11. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

Think the only mods' should be racing soft tyres to keep it simple and if we need a 5th race if its 2-2 should be a kart race
    Just need to know the cars in advance so we can buy em and vice versa but sounds good so far, rules can be fine tuned nearer the time

12. Kail1967

Right so stock cars then with no upgrades, of course oil change may as well be allowed.

13. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

think we made need to buy em so as we can paint em as some of the default cars in the garage can't be changed

14. BazTardoUK

Tomorrow night we could try a few different ones out for our choices.

15. musiclynx

musiclynx Most dedicated Game Night host Game Night Host

There's 16 max in a lounge, so 8 to a team.

16. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Late to the party but +1 from me for this.

17. Kail1967

Ok so once we have it more or less agreed we can add the names of those interested until we reach 8 then anyone over could be put down as reserves. Also need to sort out how we host a forum v forum room plus trying to persuade O&R to use Teamspeak instead of game comms.

18. BazTardoUK

Once we get over 8, the likes of me and music who normally play something else on a Friday will step in to reserves, giving others a chance to take part.

19. sileter

sileter Regular

ill jump in :D, i recon at least one of the cars has to be the amuse 380rs that we use on sat's

20. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Game comms on GT5 work fine, so if we have to use that as a one off there'll be no problem. Been using game comms on the GDs GT5 night without any noticeable problems for a good while now.