1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday Night Rotation

Discussion in 'Multi Format Gaming' started by officer_Cartman, Jun 7, 2012.

Which game this week on the rotation

Poll closed Jun 8, 2012.
  1. Modnation Racers

20.0%
  2. Dirt 3

30.0%
  3. Dirt Showdown

50.0%
  4. Motorstorm Apocolapse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Just thought i would ask so here goes
    what game would people like on the rotation this week..
    its due to be MNR but baz and damned asked for it to be dropped although noone will take ownership to who wanted it dropped

2. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

My thoughts on fridays.

Over the last couple of months fridays have been one of our more consistently successful nights whilst rotating Dirt 3 and MNR, however the elephant in the room now is clearly Showdown which is best fit for a friday.

MS:A in my opinion is a non-starter simply due to the deeply flaky netcode. When it works, its good fun but when it doesn't (which seemed to be more often than not) its an exercise in frustration. Even on our 'best' MS:A nights we never had more than 6 online although the PS+ freebie could have a positive impact on numbers.

So that brings us back to 3 titles - Dirt 3, Showdown and MNR. Now personally I've enjoyed our MNR nights although it can get a little one-note. Dirt 3 is fun although I'm a bit rubbish and Showdown is my current favourite and so should take a slot in any rotation. Numbers between Dirt 3 and MNR seem to be fairly comparable with slight drop offs on both in the last couple of weeks although the numbers are still sustainable.

This brings us back to a straight choice between Dirt 3 and MNR in a 2 week rotation OR keeping both in a 3 week rotation. I don't think a 3 week rotation will work terribly well and don't want to wait for 3 week for Showdown to come round (once there's a new weds night game which undoubtedly there will be sooner or later).

I choose Dirt 3 over MNR in a 2 week rotation with Showdown which means that this week should be Dirt 3.

3. LesTom1

LesTom1 Wastes loads of time on forum

I'm happy to play any of them apart from MSA which I don't have anymore and to be honest, have no intention of buying back again

4. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Outstanding Contribution to GOs

Get plus, get it free :D

5. LesTom1

LesTom1 Wastes loads of time on forum

Nothing on the plus offer at the moment that makes me want it.

6. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

I'm not here so my opinion shouldn't count, but if I was, I would vote for DiRT 3.

Since the initial fun of MNR, it's become a game that annoys me due to being the one that always gets blown up ;)

7. gamingoldies admin

gamingoldies admin Its really Cartie Staff Member

im open to suggestions,last week was dirt3 and we could always in the rotation start with 1 and then go to the other...ill await further input until making a decision

8. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Thing with rotating 2 games in 1 night, is some people get left out. Take last week for example, although we left it until after midnight to move from DiRT 3 to Showdown, we still had to leave 2 people out.

Friday's are one of the latest nights we have, so to cut certain people's nights short just because they don't have the next game, or to make someone wait until after midnight for the game they do have, is a little unfair.

9. thats fair enough...arghhh why is friday so popular :p or it is just me

10. ill send you mine as i dont need the disc now :p

11. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

Not sure the 2 games a night rotation works that well for the reasons stated above. Splitting a lobby midway through doesn't strike me as a long-term viable plan

12. Heatster101

Heatster101 Staff Member

Its a shame codies games are just 8 players otherwise i'll be happy with Showdown replacing MNR
    I don't think there is a fair answer to this problem
    I still enjoy MNR's as the banter is great as well
    Could always try MNR's on a Wednesday as we did last night with Showdown

13. schatuk

That's not a bad shout

14. Drewstermeister

Drewstermeister Member

15. BazTardoUK

Don't do his dirty work for him. I only agreed, I didn't suggest it!

16. at the moment the vote is in favour of showdown
    i however havent voted ,,i will base it on whatever is winning at 6pm this evening