1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite Controller Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Ficklered, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Over the past few weeks the rubber grips on my Elite have been gradually stretching and becoming unstuck until eventually today the back left side fell off.
    Browsing the interweb I've come across aftermarket replacement ones from Scufs
    [​IMG]

Going to give these a try. Reviews seem to rate the grips and slate the sticks.

Anyone used any or had any problems with the grips on the Elite?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  2. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

Yeah, I have the same issue with mine too. Though I did manage to stick mine back down with a little super glue.
    In regards to the scuff solution, I have those grips on a different Xbox controller, really easy to fit and they work well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3. Precise Lee

Precise Lee Regular

Me and smokeygoose have both got the kit pictured above, the grips are really good but the sticks at first don't feel as good as the original ones and can make ur thumbs feel sweaty. This feeling does go away after a few days, and now seem good.. just have to get used to them I guess. the only issue I had with one of the grips is that my right trigger was catching on a pit of plastic. I just filed this down and all is well. deffo worth a buy.

4. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Cheers for the feedback chaps. Placed the order so will put the Elite to pasture until they arrive.

5. Fraudo

Fraudo Button Pusher 'DILLIGAF' Award Winner 2016

Poor show that a premium pad doesn't actually stay together... that said, I'm sure they've taken a beating in terms of use

6. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Pad itself is still perfect, think it's hot hands from long sessions that do for the adhesive.
    New grips from Scufs have arrived today, I thought it would be side and rears, but it's only the outer edge that you get. Probably me not reading it properly when I ordered. Might see what I can do about the back inner edge, they may re-stick ok with a little trimming and adjustment.

7. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

My grips have started lifting so let me know how this pans out.

The scuf stuff seems pricey to me at first glance

8. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Fitted the Scufs tonight, getting the old sections off is a bit fiddly, have to prize against the trigger which is a little concerning at first (the Scufs replace the whole plastic section, not just the rubber), but it's solid enough to take the little pressure needed.

New ones are on and look fine, just need a trial run now.
    [​IMG]

9. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

What did you do with the other bit of original rubber, the bit in towards the paddles? That's also lifting on mine

10. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Nothing yet, debating whether to trim the stretched bits and re-stick, or see what other solutions there are, someone Will likely have posted a solution on the internet somehere. Would be nice if Scufs do that bit too, not had time to check yet though.

11. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Had some time with the Scuf grips and have to say so far so good. Once the tackiness wears off (which wasn't long) they are very comfy and offer in my opinion a better grip with less sweaty palm feel than the elite rubbers, the fit also feels nice an secure too. An accidental drop test confirmed as much!

If it were not for wanting to keep the Scorpio pad as original I'd definately get a set for that too.

Still haven't done anything with the inner edge rubber on the Elite yet. With the scuf outers the inners don't feel quite so obvious.

Verdict for me is yes, they are expensive, but they are good. Shame they were not eo on the Elite as it would have avoided the hassle.

schatuk likes this.
  12. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

Tried fitting my old scuff grips to my elite controller but alas the clips don't align up properly to secure them. Will continue with the old superglue method for now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk