1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E3 2018 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Multi Format Gaming' started by Kail1967, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Kail1967

Kail1967 Most likely to Rage Quit

With e3 now behind us i think its fair to say that we had a pretty decent showing from most with the odd exception (looking at you EA Play) and updated info on games we know about and the revealing of those that are new.

For those that watched the briefings or read the condensed versions online via twitter, reddit, resetera and the major gaming networks, what was your highlight(s) of the event and was there anything there that left you wondering wtf was that about.

For me being an xbox fanboy, undoubtedly the Microsoft show was excellent, the games were good, Forza Horizon 4, Cyberpunk, Gears 5 and quite a few others, but i was more excited about the new 1st party developers especially Ninja Theory than anything else.

For the Sony briefing, seeing more from the Last Of Us was the one thing i was hoping to see so that delivered, cant say much about Nintendo as i didn't see much if any from theirs.

As for the big developers it has to Battlefield V, Division 2 and of course Anthem that were the major hitters, those 3 looked immense and will no doubt be major titles to look forward too and play.

The one really "wtf am i watching" moment, had to be EA Play and their mobile C&C reveal, the less said about that sorry 10 minutes or so the better.

So guys and girls, what were your thoughts on what was shown at e3 2018?

Djchristy likes this.
  2. LastRytes

LastRytes Grammar Nazi 2016 Game Completionist

Battlefield V, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, the Division 2 and Death Stranding really made me excited.
    It was a good show from MS but for me personally, what Sony showed was more up my street. (Even though I’ll play the Division on Xbox)
    A good E3 in my view. Good move by MS with regard to the 5 studios, lord knows they needed something like that. Positive move for them.
    And my Wtf was Death Stranding... again...
    Captivating but mind boggling at the same time!

Djchristy likes this.
  3. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Perfect E3 for me, EA aside of course.

Sony gave us what they said they would, some lengthy gameplay videos of upcoming exclusives, some of which I surprisingly didn’t know about, even though I thought I knew all they were going to show. Luckily, the videos made up for the very strange presentation show, which I’m happy to say I watched the morning after so managed to skip past.

MS gave us the exclusives we knew were coming (Forza Horizon 4 and Crackdown 3) and then ones we wondered if were coming (Gears and Halo), but more importantly, they gave us what we needed, new studios, with the promise of future exclusives.

Whether you’re a PS or Xbox fanboy, those studios MS announced are good news for all of us. Competition between Sony and MS is a must, no matter if you’re lucky to have both consoles, or just the one. They make each other push to be better, and not rest on their laurels, which we’ve seen both companies be guilty of over the years as they’ve had the feeling they were leading the way, only for it to turn other way.

Worst of E3 was Nintendo for me. They spent so long on Super Smash thing (whatever it’s called), I forgot what else they had.

Djchristy likes this.
  4. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Highlight for me has to be MS actually doing something about its studios. Really keen to see what comes from this.
    Other hight points were Ubi's continued strong showing and Bethesda's RPG lineup.

5. lankz92

lankz92 Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

*pinches self*

Nope not a dream. Kails made a thread. @Djchristy will be along to fuck it up shortly id imagine lol

Bethesda i think was the highlight for me. Todd howards pretty good on stage.

Djchristy likes this.
  6. Djchristy

Djchristy COD Hater Worst FPS Player Useless Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

Top Poster Of Month

I think we had a really good E3 lots of games to look forward to no matter what platform you own.

My highlights are mostly from the sony conference

The last of us just looks amazing and i really can't wait to see where they go with this story.

Spiderman looks like it's everything a Spiderman game should be really excited to play it with my son in September just to see his reaction to it

Resident Evil 2 Remake looks brilliant and since it's one of my all time favourite games I'm really looking forward playing it again.

Forza Horizon 4 looks brilliant just a shame about the setting would've been amazing to see it set in Ireland

One thing I did notice this year is that Sony or Microsoft didn't really talk about Battlefield or COD in any big way like they normally would have. just shows how times are changing as both them games would've been centre stage at both conferences only a few years ago now they don't seem to be all that important to the them anymore.

People are rightly excited for the studios Microsoft bought but let's face it this is something they should've done years ago. I find the amount of praise they have got for this strange as they've been so slow to sort it out.
    For instance we'll likely not see anything from them studios until 2020 that's Microsoft taking more or less a whole generation to cop on to there fuck up and that's why I don't think they deserve the praise that they're getting imho.

As for reaction to Sony show even i found it hard to stand up for the mess of the way they did the show and they deserve to get ripped for it. That said I didn't think they showed anything in there show that I'm not interested in.
    I now they didn't show 50 game but what they did show was quality imo.

I have to say I was a little disappointed in Ubisoft show this year didn't seem to have the same buzz about it that it's had for the last couple of years.

Anyway as I've said at the start we all have so many games to look forward to in the coming months so nobody can complain

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. BazTardoUK

BazTardoUK Baz Blatter Staff Member Sterling Toss Award Pour me... another Most likely to pass out at a meetup Most likely to Rage Quit Game Night Host 2016 Game Completionist

I think the praise MS are getting isn’t so much for bringing the studios, it’s the fact they’ve finally done it and it was needed for the greater good of both consoles.

8. Hoovernaut

Hoovernaut Nicest Member 2016

Cyberpunk 2077 was the only thing that got me drooling to be honest, Anthem looked cool in a Destiny kind of way but I'll wait for reviews, Ghost of Tsushima looks my kind of game so will probably give that a go. I'll jump back onto the Division at some point to see if I can get excited for the second one.

Good to see MS investing in gaming, they had to play catch up and the purchase of those studios is a good thing, we need at least 2 major players to make sure we as consumers get a choice.

I miss Sega...

9. JaySFnB

JaySFnB Most likely to pass out at a meetup 2016 Game Completionist

I never watched any of it...
    Sounds like MS did well though going off what was said in Discord.