1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Fire Stick Kodi

Discussion in 'Media' started by Gryste, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Gryste

Gryste Wastes loads of time on forum

thinking about getting one but know very little.

So has anyone added kodi to their firestick or bought a jailbreak firestick? What's your thoughts and is there problems with it.

2. LastRytes

LastRytes Grammar Nazi 2016 Game Completionist

Just the usual streaming issues really. Buffering on live sports etc. Searching for decent streams.

Tv and movies etc are generally very good. Simple to install, simple to use. For the price, you can't go wrong really. Would recommend.

schatuk likes this.
  3. Frodo

Frodo Button Pusher 'DILLIGAF' Award Winner 2016

I was tempted then I found out that they don't work so well on anything other than UK ISP's and to get them working you need a decent VPN and I refuse to pay for one.

4. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

What he said. I've got 2, plus a Kodi install on the pc and I can't fault it. Live sports can be a bit hit or miss, but with a bit of patience you can normally find a halfway decent stream

Frodo likes this.
  5. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Agree with comments so far. Dimsports through Sportsdevil has been the most stable for live sports, but you need to leave time before kick off to find a decent stream. Everything else is fine and stable. I'm using the latest Gears build. Need to clear the cache once a week to keep things running well, but that's no real hassle.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

6. Pagey81

Pagey81 Always around

My first peice of advise would be dont buy one from sellers on your likes of eBay who basically add a build to your firestick that will be full of dead links.

To install Kodi onto your firestick there are a few tutorial videos that are very easy to follow and can be done in under half an hour.

Once done like I say do not add a build this just clogs the firesticks memory up with dead links and add ons that force your firestick to freeze. Just download the add ons that you need and this will improve the performance.

If you want links to football I would use a paid add on called sports mania that is £26 for 6 months and will give you access to loads of football in HD quality along with all your skysports and BT sports. Trust me for the sakes of £26 there is no point messing about with free links that constantly freeze or buffer

If you need any help give me a shout

7. Gryste

Gryste Wastes loads of time on forum

Thanks for views and advice. Going to buy a firestick in the sales and IT buddies at college is going to do the jailbreak side things.

8. schatuk

schatuk Staff Member Voted Best Admin By Members Outstanding Contribution to GOs 2016 Game Completionist Most Helpful Member

The sideload is a piece of piss these days. Seriously you'd have no problem doing it yourself

9. Ficklered

Ficklered Best Intro

Going to be walking my dad through kodi installation on his firestick tonight, at 78 he's not that good with stuff like this. He was late to the tech party, only got his first android phone a year ago and still driving me mad with questions about it. God only knows how this will go...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

10. Officer_Cartman

Officer_Cartman Admin Staff Member Magpie Award Voted Best Admin By Members Voted Biggest Whinger 2016

an idiot could sideload kodi on it tbh,loads of guides around
    however amazon have a habit of trying to stop it though but i think they gave up.
    never buy one at a inflated price from one of these so called sellers